According to Facebook, it has been some 22 days since I posted anything on my Books by Jon Sayer page, which means that it has been that long since I wrote a blog post. The days of (not-really) summer seem to have flown by, and I have started to ponder what I actually did in those 22 days.
Here’s a list:
- Made a lot of tea and coffee. And boiled dozens of Kelly Kettles (well, OK, two actual kettles half of a dozen times).
- Opened and helped to drink quite a few bottles of wine. I mean, I’m kidding, of course only water for me.
- Been to the bottle bank to recycle all those bottles of wine I had absolutely nothing to do with drinking.
- Over the course of a second (around midnight) last week, became one year older. Oddly, in that second, everything started to ache just a fraction more than before.
- Had a trek to the cinema to see a Star Trek – from my house, that cinema feels like it is in a galaxy far, far away, along with a different sci-fi franchise.
- The Recycling Plastic Locally project has made some progress in that now almost all the wiring for the temperature controller is done and I am going to do a test melting quite soon, if only to try to use up the almost (that word again) full bucket of chopped up milk cartons I now have.
- I did some animations – 2 in particular were satisfying to complete because I did the music for them as well as the pictures. Check them out here and here.
- Photographed some wildlife in the form of moths and butterflies in our Limery and fruit cage.
- I added about a thousand words to my novel. I know – rubbish. I promise to do better.
So, that’s why I haven’t posted. Not one but nine excuses. Plus I have a note from my Mum. Well, the Snail’s Mum. And it’s really a birthday card rather than a note.